Outlook Web Access is a personal information manager web application offered by Microsoft. It includes an interface just like Microsoft Outlook desktop application and it comes up with the Office suite. It is also called the browser-based app Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Exchange Web Connect with the previous editions of Exchange Server. Read this post carefully to fix “How to backup email from Outlook Web Access to Desktop?”
All the users who want to access their MS Outlook emails from any computer which is connected to Microsoft Exchange Server from any web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc. After all, Outlook Web Access works amazingly and is an excellent email application. It has so many advanced features to keep emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, etc. So these are the reasons that make this solution the industry standard.
Reasons to Backup Email from Office 365 Web App to Desktop
Outlook Web Access is highly reliant on the Internet Information Server. So, an incorrect configuration of the ITS server can take users to OWA malfunction. Apart from this, there are hundreds of risks being included with Outlook Web App platforms. IIS connection issues, authentication problems, login failures, etc. are a few problems that make users worry about spam and all the types of mischievous attacks such as viruses that can come via email. Because of all these mutual OWA matters and worries, the need to backup email from Outlook Web Access to desktop in PST, PDF, EML, MSG, MBOX, etc.
Manual Way to Backup Email from Outlook Web Access to Desktop
Follow the below-given steps of the manual method to backup Outlook Web Access emails to hard drive or desktop:
- Download and Install the MS Outlook application.
- Now, press on the File tab and choose the option of Add Account.
- Choose Manual Setup/Additional Server Types. Then, press on Next.
- Highlight the desired services and click on the Next button.
- Select IMAP or POP.
- Now in the user information section, fill all the necessary details.
- Then, click on the More Settings.
- By doing this will prompt the Internet Email Settings wizard.
- Here, choose the Outgoing Server option and then My Outgoing Server (SMTP) needs authentication. Click on the Advanced and fill the required information.
- Next, leave a copy of the emails on the server or remove it from the server after 14 days. Then press on the Next option.
Note: If you are facing any error through configuring the emails, then follow the steps given below:
- Well, the errors mostly happen if the POP configuration is not allowed from the Outlook Web Access account, to allow it:
- Now, sign in to OWA account and in the navigation bar choose Outlook/Mail or, press on the App Launcher and then Outlook.
- On the navigation bar press on Settings >> Options.
- In the Options, select Account >> My Account
- Select the POP option and enable it. And then close OWA and reopen MS Outlook.
- Click on the Next option and close the window.
- Finally, press on the Finish to complete the configuration process.
- Doing this will download all your emails from Outlook Web Access server to PST file format and save this PST file in the local hard drive. After that, you can access the emails saved in PST file anytime without any reliant on internet connection.
Automated Way to Backup Email from Outlook Web Access to Desktop
As the manual way is free of cost but it is a time-taking and requires technical knowledge to apply. After facing such serious restrictions of the manual method, we have come up with a finest and one-stop solution i.e. Office 365 Backup Tool. It permits users to easily backup email from Outlook Web Access to desktop and offers multiple file formats to save the Office 365 or Outlook Web App emails in PST, PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX or EMLX. By using this, one can download the emails from choosy folders and emails of a certain date range from Office 365 account without any error or interruption.
How to backup email from Outlook Web Access or Office 365 Webmail to the desktop is one of the most common queries asked by the users. This blog contains two different ways to come out of this situation easily. Now, users can choose any solution as per their choices and current needs.